RCM Certification is valid for a two-year period. Within 24 months of receiving full certification* you must meet the following requirements to remain certified.
- Submit at least 4 successful RCM examination candidates (can be combination of practical and/or theory)
- Complete 10 hours of eligible RCM professional development**
- Update your online teacher profile
- Submit $249 for continued access to your exclusive Certified Teacher Portal resources and collections
Note: You will receive an email from RCM Teacher Certification to remind you of your upcoming renewal deadline. If you have not heard from us and your renewal date is approaching, please email [email protected].
* Teachers become fully Certified via Equivalent Standing OR through successful completion of an RCM Online Piano Teacher Course plus submission of two successful piano exam candidates.
** Eligible RCM professional development: Professional Development (PD) can consist of any courses, workshops, or other continuing education that you’ve completed. Other PD could be attending music teacher conferences, watching videos, reading articles or music books, participating in RCM Facebook groups, attending concerts, or participating in discussions with other music teachers. To collect this information, an online form will be sent to you after you have submitted your renewal fee to complete as part of your renewal process. The link to this form will be included in your proof of payment email.