- Valuable advice and approaches from master teachers and pedagogues
- Bite-sized video tutorials that fit into your busy teaching schedule
- Insightful articles and assignments to challenge your thinking and take you deeper
- Downloadable templates and resources to support your teaching
- Proactive questions to stimulate discussion and reflection
- Personalized feedback from experienced facilitators
Required Course Materials
The course materials required for each Online Piano Course can be purchased from the RCM Online Bookstore.
The course enrollment process has three steps, all online:
- You create your teacher account or login to your existing account.
- We check your teacher record for pre-requisites and the system offers the highest-level course for which you are eligible.
- You acknowledge the Piano Teacher Courses Terms and Conditions, pick a session start date, and enroll in the course by paying the tuition fee.
Session Dates and Enrollment Deadlines
|2021 – 2022 Sessions
||September 22 – December 1, 2021
||September 15, 2021
||February 2 – April 13, 2022
||January 26, 2022
||June 8 – August 17, 2022
||June 1, 2022
Course Requirement Exemption
If you are interested in taking a course but do not have any of the prerequisites above (based on our records), and believe you have the experience or qualifications to enable you to successfully take the course, please fill out our exemption request form. Please note that these are indepth courses, and we highly recommend that you have one of the prerequisites prior to enrolling.
If you fill out this form, please do not enroll in your Online Piano Teacher Course until you have heard back from us as to whether your request has been accepted. Please submit your exemption request at least one week prior to the course enrollment deadline to allow for assessment and processing.
Request a Course Exemption
Transfers and Withdrawals
For detailed information about transfer fees and course withdrawal policies, please see our Piano Teacher Course Terms and Conditions
For additional information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions